Carolanne's Reviews > The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Dec 18, 08

bookshelves: nonfiction

Interesting concept, but I don't like how he writes. Very simple and repetitive. But I feel like I did learn something. I liked what I learned, but I wish I didn't have to read this book to have learned it.
Whats my love language, you all ask? I don't know. So maybe I didn't learn that much. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five Love Languages.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolanne, what? When did you turn into a middle-aged woman?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Did Aunt Connie give this to you?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you guys in couples' counseling?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I won't be ignored.

message 5: by brian (new)

brian tanabe Looks like you just were, S.

Malbadeen this is why Carolanne needs to be in counseling, she's so uncooperative!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't see this book on Judy Dog's currently-reading shelf!

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 03, 2008 04:03PM) (new)

In case you're wondering, Carolanne (and I know you are!), my love languages are words of affirmation and physical touch (to receive from "my lover") and acts of service and physical touch (to give to "my lover"). I know all about this book because of my friend who had to read it during couples' counseling.

Let's hang out, Carolanne! You haven't even invited me over to play on your wii.

Carolanne oh my god. you need to come over and play my Wii!! I'LL SCHOOL YOU!! :) As soon as this term is over, come over and ITS ON!

hahhahah. No, a co-worker lent this to me and I said "why the hell not?" so I gave it a try. its kind of interesting!

and hello! Grandma connie doesn't need to read books, she has the National Inquirer- what more do you need?! :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That's true. And Star.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:25AM) (new)

She just read "The Shack," though.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 18, 2008 07:27PM) (new)

Your love language is...um...Thai food?

Carolanne Good Call! It always leaves me satisfied and happy. :)