Madison Seidler's Reviews > Gabriel's Rapture

Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

Aug 13, 12

Read in June, 2012

Read this and other reviews at Madison Says.

The sequel to Gabriel’s Inferno picks up immediately where we were left during the first book. I loved that aspect because we weren’t being filled in on Gabriel and Julia’s lives – we were living them with them, in the moment.

They are loving the new path their relationship has taken, and relishing in the joy of finally being together. They had such an entwined past, and they are ready for whatever the future holds…or so they think. There is a lot of passion in this book – and actually, I think it’s a lot more romantic than the first one. Still, very intense, but definitely has more romance.

Upon returning from Italy, Gabriel and Julia have to face their pasts and are forced to deal with the present which threatens the very future they were looking forward to. I was happy to see Julia find herself in Rapture. She spoke up for herself more, and stood her ground. She was not as timid or as easily pushed around as I thought she was in Inferno.

Will their love be enough to overcome the hurdles they currently face? Does either of them feel worthy for the other? There were times I wanted to scream while reading this, because of frustration and also just being stressed about Gabriel and Julia and what was going to become of them. They had overcome so much to be together, but sometimes, it just doesn’t seem like enough!

Another great aspect of this book, was once again, all the references to art and great literature! The writing is gorgeous and Mr. Reynard does a fantastic job of taking readers through a journey, and using the parallels between Gabriel/Julia and Dante/Beatrice. This book was an emotional roller coaster, much like the first one in the series. I think the ending was perfect, but of course, I wouldn’t mind reading more about them! :)

I give this book 4.5 stars and highly recommend this and Gabriel’s Inferno to mature young adults looking for a book with passion and intensity. This is one of those books that you think about long after you finish reading it. And I love that!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Rapture.