Kathleen (Kat) Smith's Reviews > The Haven

The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Welcome back to Stoney Ridge! Spring usually signals the rebirth of life and the end of a long winter. Hope returns and there is beauty to be found everywhere. Now that spring is here, I want to introduce you to a few new friends!

Sadie Lapp, she lives in Stoney Ridge on Windmill Farm and today is her first day back after being away in Berlin, Ohio, and helping her sister Julia, and her brother in law, Roman settle into Roman's childhood home. While she was there she spent every day learning from a healer, an elderly Old Order Amish women, Deborah Yoder, in hopes she can bring some of that back to her home and the people who live here. But Sadie shows up at her family's farm with an unexpected bundle in her basket, a baby. How will she ever explain this to her father?

Will Stoltz, has now been assigned a task to baby sit a family of Peregrine Falcons who have made their home on Windmill Farm. Being an endangered and rare species to bird lovers everywhere, game warden Mahlon Miller wants to endure they remain that way. Since Will was suspended from the university, his father has worked out an arrangement with Mahlon that Will be permitted to intern as a game warden and babysit the falcons until the babies have hatched and are ready to leave the nest. Will isn't exactly thrilled with this new assignment and makes arrangements to stay in a cottage on the Lapp's farm to avoid causing the family any undo hardship having him there in exchange for helping out around the farm. But Will always made it a point to dodge physical labor - academics were more to his liking. Oh, this wasn't good. not good at all. But will he be able to keep his mind on his work? Maybe this was a gift in disguise.

Gideon Smucker is the newest school teacher this year at Twin Creeks School house and can't wait to teach all the kids from town this year. However he has a school boy's crush on Sadie Lapp and has since they went to school together. Now if he can only keep his mind on school work in between writing letters and sharing books with Sadie when she was in Ohio. Seems like life is about to get very interesting this spring! Hope you'll decide to join us and pick up a copy of The Haven to find out just what is going to happen next!

I received The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher compliments of Litfuse Publicity for my honest review and since haven't read The Keeper, the first book in the Stoney Ridge Season Series, I couldn't wait to see where Suzanne would take some of her characters in this sequel. If you haven't had a chance to read The Keeper, Suzanne does a great job at catching you up in the first chapter with where the characters have come from before this story picks up, but trust me, this one is so good, you'll want to pick up The Keeper to get the back story on all the details! I have to say, I can't wait for the next one in this series and rate, The Haven a 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haven.