Megan's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: i-ve-recommended, hot-hot-hot, love-love-love, strong-female-lead, un-put-down-able, hahahahahahaha
Read from August 13 to 14, 2012

Read this and other reviews at The Book Asylum.

I, like other readers, could not stop laughing throughout this book. I mean, right from the start you're pulled in and doubled over laughing at the things Claire, our female narrator, thinks and says. I've always been cautious about reading "funny" books. In my opinion, comedy is rarely done well and often times I finish something more disappointed than not. So I tend to stay away from said "funny" books. When I saw the rave reviews, realized that it was funny and a romance I just HAD to check it out. I am so glad I did! I read it in two days and couldn't wait to finish it.

The characters are real, gritty, crude human beings that you'd probably want to hang out and party with - I know I would. Carter is the ideal guy and little Gavin is a scene stealer. Scratch that, THE scene stealer. There was something very endearing about each character and I am looking forward to seeing all of them again in the next book.

My only reason for giving four stars instead of five is because the final third of the story kind of felt like a completely different book with the same characters. The focus shifted and the romance went into hyperdrive and seemed to overshadow everything else. Don't get me wrong, the scenes are super steamy and you're going to love them...it just felt a little disjointed to me. Additionally, the lack of conflict in this portion left me feeling happy for the characters, but a bit unsatisfied. I guess I just wanted a little more drama toward the end. (view spoiler)

I have already recommended 'Seduction and Snacks' to everyone in my office and most of my bookworm friends and will continue to do so. If you like a good laugh and are a sucker for romance/love stories no doubt about it you'll love this book! Buy it. Read it. Love it!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

08/13/2012
1.0% "Just read the first two paragraphs and I am already in love with this book!"
08/13/2012
11.0% "This book is hysterical! My husband keeps asking what I'm laughing at. I just can't stop!"
08/14/2012
70.0% "I woke up this morning and started telling people about this book. It's a MUST read - and I'm not even done with it yet!"