Isamlq's Reviews > Oath Bound

Oath Bound by Rachel Vincent

Aug 07, 13

Read in August, 2013

I’d liken this to a B-movie. Some interesting bits, whole stretches of fast (too fast) whatever’s all the while riddled with, and I’m sorry here, but cheesy lines of the aw shucks variety. Case in point: him calling her the human superlative… being the most… everything. I think I was supposed to hear my heart go pitter-patter for him/her/them, instead… well, gag me, is all.

But credit where it’s due: this whole world is an interesting one of world of specials and killers who don’t want to be killers: Kris, Kori and Ian and Liv and Cam are very blasé about what they have to do and what kind of people they are, each with their own brand of kick ass. I loved each of them at one point or another. Except when I wasn’t loving them because at some point between book one and this, well they’ve all lost authenticity. We know Kori and her tortured past. We know Liv and the new badness she’s knee deep in, but I wanted more.

Worse though is all the corny simply had me pulling back from what could have been good. It was good ‘till it wasn’t. The same can be said for the sexy (or what little there was of that type interaction here). This is an OK starter for anyone jumping form YA to Urban Fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oath Bound.

08/07/2013 marked as: read