Jason's Reviews > Seawitch

Seawitch by Kat Richardson

Aug 24, 12

Read from August 13 to 23, 2012

I like Kat Richardson's Greywalker series. Seawitch finds our hero Harper somewhat changed. She has been in a relationship for awhile and she seems to be somehow weaker (not only has she lost some power, she is considering how she treats others). I had not expected to find a conflicted Blaine, but the depth of the character has grown so much since the first book. Having traveled with Harper Blaine through the underworld, to England and back I enjoyed our cruise together through the Strait of San Juan de Fuca, where she deals with a job to investigate the mystery of the Seawitch for an Insurance company--a ship lost for twenty-seven years which reappears sans crew--and attempts to free lost souls in her role as "Hand of the Guardian Beast".

Along the way we meet some interesting characters and Blaine developes her relationship with Solis, who she partners up with during the investigation. Missing almost entirely from the book is the Danziger family who are off on a trip in Europe, but reliable Quinton is by her side as much as possible.

There are always minor plots that are undeveloped in Ms. Richardson's stories. Here it is the relationship between Quinton, his father and the secret American Intelligence community that Quinton has been involved with in the past. I have faith in Kat and I know that someday we will find out the truth and these plot points will be developed further.

I think you will enjoy the book, if you are a Greywalker fan, but I would suggest you read the other books in the series first; if you have not already done so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seawitch.