Quip-er-quill's Reviews > Mistral's Kiss

1202405
Dec 01, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: total-and-utter-crap

Now, having just blasted Hamilton's A Stroke of Midnight, I have to admit that I enjoyed this book, despite it having some of the same problems as the previous book in this series. The repetitive bits of descriptions given verbatim throughout the story are still there. There are plenty of errors (Rhys left his gun in the bedroom with his clothes but *whoops!* now a couple of pages later he has his gun! Makes you wonder where he pulled that sucker from, doesn't it?) But there's more plot in this book and it (for once) doesn't feel like an afterthought to the sex. And while I do realize that no one is going to confuse any book in this series with any classic piece of literature, I do like even my fluff reading to have a plot on occasion.

I think she conveniently fudges (or "pixies" in her vernacular) one of the relationships in the book, but getting into that would probably be too much of a spoiler. And I do like some of the character development with Doyle, Frost and Rhys. Probably not a book I'd advise folks to pay full price for - but if you can find a copy at a library or used book store, then maybe.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistral's Kiss.