Kristen's Reviews > The Whale Warriors: The Battle at the Bottom of the World to Save the Planet's Largest Mammals

The Whale Warriors by Peter Heller

Jan 03, 09

Read in January, 2009

At first I wasn't too into this book and found the writer's description of the ecowarriors a bit corney, but as the story progressed and the writer informed us more about the state of our oceans and the survival of whales, i had a hard time putting it down. depressing stuff. it's sad there is not more outcry against whaling-all nations that still whale are progressive and wealthy nations, they have no excuse except to profit and be greedy.( norway, japan and iceland.)no one needs to eat whale anymore-open a can of beans for god's sake, these countries aren't starving. the bottom line it seems, our grandchildren will never see the ocean wild and full of life, it's estimated we will fish our oceans to death by 2048. stop eating seafood and support organizations that are actually doing something for the cause. we will be hearing more and more about species becoming endangered or exctint in the next 10 years or so. i wish there was a happy medium for the fishing industry and conservation, but it sounds like we have gone past that point of no return.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whale Warriors.