Yasmina's Reviews > Would I Lie to You

Would I Lie to You by Cecily von Ziegesar

Dec 01, 2008

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-jen
Read in December, 2008

Serena and Blair become fashion muses for famous designer Bailey Winter. Upon arriving, they discover that he has hired two foreign models to imitate their every move. But the fakes get sick of being Blair and Serena's lackies so they start to pull little tricks that turn out to be harmful. Serena and Blair play a prank on the two girls which involves all of them getting naked, but Nate, who lives next door, catches Serena and Blair in the nude. Serena wants Nate's attention, but he only has eyes for Blair. This confuses Serena. They also find out that Nate is Bailey's neighbor: Dan and Vanessa become roommates because Vanessa's sister kicks her out of their apartment. Vanessa gets a job as a nanny to twins. She then goes to the Hamptons to be their nanny while they are on vacation. One day she gets sick of working and decides to look for B&S but Bailey makes Vanessa his new muse and she accepts. Dan gets a job at a bookstore were he meets Greg. Dan becomes gay but then decides that he loves Vanessa. Nate didn't receive his diploma so he starts to work for his lacrosse coach so he can earn it. B&S get sick of being muses so they tell Nate to take them home. They go on a road trip where they make Serena drive while Nate and Blair cuddle in the back seat. They end up going to Serena's house in Manhattan. Nate, Serena and Blair sleep in a bed together. Nate and serena go to bed first, then Blair wedges her way in between them and she and Nate go to sleep holding hands all night. They then decide to go to her house in Connecticut for a party thrown by her brother. On the staircase at the party, Nate finally tells Blair "I love you". Blair and Nate get back together causing Serena to get jealous. Serena only then realizes that she loves Nate. Blair and Nate have sex in Serena's parent's room before setting off on a trip on Nate's boat. Serena then leaves a note in Nate's glove compartment confessing her feelings. But Blair finds the letter first and rips it up.

My connection is to Vanessa and how she had to babysit the twins. Sometimes I have to watch my brother because my parents and the babysitter isn't there. Sometimes it is okay and sometimes it can go terrible wrong! It's actually really hard when the kid is being really annoying and hard to control. I still love my little brother in the end though!

I gave this book 4 stars cause it was a really good book and it's so fun and interesting to read. Its wasn't the best book in the whole series but it was very good and it was fun to read. I would recommend this book to anyone who's read the rest of the series before this one. If you haven't then you will not get it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Would I Lie to You.