Iris's Reviews > Planning for Love

Sep 13, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, for-review, epubs
Read from September 08 to 13, 2012

I'm sorry, it seems I'm of a different mind of everyone else who read this book. I honestly didn't love it. I loved the secondary characters! They were wacky. lovable and entertaining and I hope some of them get their own stories. Ivy on the other hand I could do without. Throughout my reading of this book I developed a love/hate relationship with Ivy's character. Her enthusiasm for her job and all things romantic is everything a wedding planner should be like. I can tell you that, as a former event planner, it's exactly what brides look for in their coordinators. However, in Ivy's case, she just goes overboard. Why is it ok for her to hold true to her idea of romance and happily ever after just because everyone in her family for centuries has been engaged on Valentine's day and has had their HEA, but it's not ok for Ben to have his own beliefs about somehow his family not being meant to do the love thing?

Ivy childishly goes about “planning” ways to get Bennet to fall in love with her. However, what she calls a plan, every other sane person with half a brain would call a trap. And I was astounded that none of her friends found it disturbing. Personally, friend or not, I would have been calling Ben and telling him to run and run fast. It is obvious from the start that Ivy just wants to be in love. It doesn't matter who she's in love with, so long as she's in love. Can we say self centered, selfish and immature?

I just felt that throughout the book you could see Ben slowly falling for Ivy. However, all you see of Ivy is her manipulating both Ben and the situation. I likes the storyline, I enjoyed the secondary and monor characters, but Ivy was just annoying and personally not worth a 277 page book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Planning for Love.