Jessica Bierschied's Reviews > Suck It Up and Die

Suck It Up and Die by Brian Meehl

Aug 30, 12

Read in August, 2012

SUCK IT UP AND DIE, by Brian Meehl, is the second installment of the Suck It Up series and follows the character Morning McCobb who is a mainstreaming vampire out and about in America. Diving deep into topics not really covered in the first, this is a good read.

I was unsure about reading this at first mostly because I felt the first one was a bit of a slow read AND it ended pretty tight knit, lacking unanswered questions or expectations for a second book but my curiosity for a continued story got the better of me. Suck It Up and Die definitely dove deeper into the details of the mainstreaming...

I know you are thinking, mainstreaming, vampires coming out, American Leaugers, a really bad vampire coming out of no where wrecking havoc (cough Russel Edgington cough) ...this is not True Blood, I assure you. Though if you are a True Blood fan, you can't help but compare the two mainstreaming stories and characters.

Something that stuck out to me as very different was the characters and a lot of the subject matter. The characters have matured A LOT and I didn't find that there was the light comedy there so much anymore. Also, there was so much politics involved that it was confusing, especially for a younger audience.

Overall this was a cute read, much like Suck It Up was, I think this one got a little beyond itself for it's intended young audience but still a good, easy read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suck It Up and Die.