Lindsay's Reviews > Such a Pretty Face

Such a Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb

F_50x66
Aug 13, 12

Read in August, 2012

This book is definitely not a page turner, it took a little bit of work to get through it, but maybe that was the goal of the author. It wasn’t an unpleasant thing, some books are just that way. I really felt horrible for the main character, Stevie, along with her two cousins who suffered such tragedies in their lives that they were having a difficult time growing up and making their own lives as adults.

We all have our own coping mechanisms and I enjoyed going through Stevie’s with her while she was on her quest to heal. For some it’s a longer road than others and Stevie certainly had her own share of skeletons in her closet to overcome.

Ms. Lamb really did her homework on mental disorders in this book and her writing was beautiful. I felt happy when the family was having a lighthearted moment and deeply sad and disturbed when Helen had an episode. Therefore I was glad that the book ended the way it did. There were some parts that were difficult to live with and that is reflected in my rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Pretty Face.