Lisa's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
6010839
's review
Aug 12, 2012

it was amazing
Read from August 12 to 13, 2012

Warning: Do not, really listen to me, DO NOT read this book in public. If you do, you have fair warning that you may be apprehended and brought to your local mental hospital.

description

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec was pure awesome! Never, and I repeat, NEVER has a book made me laugh this hard. I made the mistake of bringing my Kindle with me to a Starbucks and I started reading this book there. I seriously must have looked like a mad woman in desperate need of therapy. I was laughing so hard, and I repeat in public, that I had to leave my local Starbucks and retreat before someone called and ambulance and they took me to the looney bin! This book was so incredibly funny and the dialogue between the characters was some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.

Tara Sivec has done a first-rate job transferring her unique humour to this sexy romantic comedy. I can’t recommend this book enough! If you are in the mood for a book that is fabulously written with an abundant amount of hilarity, pick this up!
178 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.
Sign In »

Quotes Lisa Liked

Tara Sivec
“And let’s face it people, no one is ever honest with you about child birth. Not even your mother.       “It’s a pain you forget all about once you have that sweet little baby in your arms.”     Bullshit.   I CALL BULLSHIT.   Any friend, cousin, or nosey-ass stranger in the grocery store that tells you it’s not that bad is a lying sack of shit.   Your vagina is roughly the size of the girth of a penis.   It has to stretch and open andturn into a giant bat cave so the life-sucking human you’ve been growing for nine months can angrily claw its way out.   Who in their right mind would do that willingly?   You’re just walking along one day and think to yourself, “You know, I think it’s time I turn my vagina into an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar (minus the cheddar) and saddle myself down for a minimum of eighteen years to someone who will suck the soul and the will to live right out of my body so I’m a shell of the person I used to be and can’t get laid even if I pay for it.”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks

Tara Sivec
“Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw,”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks

Tara Sivec
“Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they cut your wiener,” Gavin sang as he pointed his gun at random objects.
“Wow, cops have gotten pretty hardcore lately” Carter muttered.”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks

Tara Sivec
“Holy shit, did they just kill off that fish’s wife?” I blurted in shock.
“Yep,” Gavin replied. “That big, mean fish ated her.”
He said it so calmly – like it was no big deal that a sweet, loving cartoon fish just got murdered. What the fuck was wrong with this movie? This couldn’t be appropriate for kids. I didn’t think it was appropriate for me.”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks


Reading Progress

08/12/2012
6.0% "Holy smokes, I'm only 6% in and laughing like crazy.

*tears from laughing so hard*" 2 comments
08/13/2012
32.0% ""Somewhere in heaven, baby Jesus is weeping. Or maybe that's just me and the sound of my dignity dying."

This book is killing me!!!! So freakin HILARIOUS!!!!"
01/30/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Thanks for the review. Funny is hard to come by.


Lisa Tom wrote: "Thanks for the review. Funny is hard to come by."

Tom, this book is seriously funny. When in the mood for flat out silliness and fun, read this one. :)


Lisa Amanda K wrote: "Barney boner cracked me up!"

LOL!


Paula Agree! I was reading while my kids were watching a movie today and they thought I was laughing at the movie. Little did they know...!


Lisa Paula wrote: "Agree! I was reading while my kids were watching a movie today and they thought I was laughing at the movie. Little did they know...!"

Lol!


**jc** HIL-AR-IOUS!!!! LOVE YOUR WARNING!!


Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I share your sentiments Lisa! Awesome review!!!


Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Lisa :D


message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Thanks ladies!!!! :)


Karolina Great review hun, the book had the same effect on me, at one point my kids were seriously concerned about me :)


message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Karolina wrote: "Great review hun, the book had the same effect on me, at one point my kids were seriously concerned about me :)"

LMAO!


message 13: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara make sure to read the unidentified redhead and the redhead revealed they are just as funny and don't forget wallbanger


message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Tara wrote: "make sure to read the unidentified redhead and the redhead revealed they are just as funny and don't forget wallbanger"

I definitely will. I've heard all those books are hilarious. :)


message 15: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne I really need to read this, I need a bit of funny sometimes you just need a break from all the angst in a book!! I loved Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - so hopefully this will be as good :-) fab review!!


message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Lisa Jayne wrote: "I really need to read this, I need a bit of funny sometimes you just need a break from all the angst in a book!! I loved Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - so hopefully this will be as good :-) fab rev..."

This one is hilarious but you definitely have to be in the mood for outrageous humour. If you are, this entire series is great! :)


Heidi LMFAO - it really is soooo funny.


message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Heidiw wrote: "LMFAO - it really is soooo funny."

Yes! I loved this book! :)


Rachel Black I loved this review! I felt that I have to start reading this book right NOW!! =)


message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Thanks Quel. Hope you enjoy! :D


message 21: by Belle of books (last edited Apr 06, 2014 01:41AM) (new) - added it

Belle of books Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SAD TEARS :)


message 22: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Belle of books wrote: "Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SAD TEARS :)"

LMAO!!!! Definitely not the place to read this one. ha ha ha


message 23: by Belle of books (last edited Apr 09, 2014 02:30AM) (new) - added it

Belle of books Lisa wrote: "Belle of books wrote: "Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SA..."

yea :)


Christeena i was listening to the audiobook when i was on the train and it was embarrassing to laugh out loud on a packed train. Loved this book. :)


message 25: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Christeena wrote: "i was listening to the audiobook when i was on the train and it was embarrassing to laugh out loud on a packed train. Loved this book. :)"

LMAO!!!! The joy of reading funny books in public! ;)


Anastasia I love books that make me laugh so hard I wonder if someone hasn't slipped me happy pills. Great review. Curious though, how does it rate in the romance department?


message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Anastasia wrote: "I love books that make me laugh so hard I wonder if someone hasn't slipped me happy pills. Great review. Curious though, how does it rate in the romance department?"

This is definitely one of those books that have you busting a gut and the romance is actually very sweet. :D


Brendy ooookay!, just when I was about to start Willing Captive but given that I still want more LOL time, and that now I'm in the safety of my apartment, I guess that my neighbors wouldn't dare to drag me to a mental hospital if the walls are too thin to hear my laughs. Great review Lisa!, you always make me consider what book to read next !


message 29: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Brenda wrote: "ooookay!, just when I was about to start
Willing Captive
but given that I still want more LOL time, and that now I'm in the safety of my apartment, I guess that my neighbors wouldn't dare to d..."


LOL! This is definitely a fantastic book. :)


message 30: by DJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

DJ Just from this review alone, I am so looking forward to reading this!


message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa DJ wrote: "Just from this review alone, I am so looking forward to reading this!"

Hope you enjoy, DJ! :)


Jenny this book is hilarious,infact i love the whole series!!! Great review,Lisa :)


Aj the Ravenous Reader I think I found a book to read recommended by you, Lisa. Thanks for bringing this up.^^ Awesome review.


message 34: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa This book is definitely worth the read! so funny! :)


Aj the Ravenous Reader Yay! Awesome!^^


message 36: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Yay! Awesome!^^"

:)


message 37: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Fantastic review Lisa. I'm going to put it on my Amazon wish list and the next time I need a funny read, I'll have the perfect book ;-)


message 38: by Haz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haz The entire series is absolutely hilarious! Definitely recommend it if you love hilarious books that make u look crazy laughing out loud all the time


message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Haz wrote: "The entire series is absolutely hilarious! Definitely recommend it if you love hilarious books that make u look crazy laughing out loud all the time"

Kathleen wrote: "Fantastic review Lisa. I'm going to put it on my Amazon wish list and the next time I need a funny read, I'll have the perfect book ;-)"


Thanks! This was definitely a hilarious book! :)


Lynne Hahahaha. Thanks for the warning!!


message 41: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Lynne wrote: "Hahahaha. Thanks for the warning!!"

:)


Sonja van der Merwe Ahhh... I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I laughed so hard, people around me thought I was demented while reading these... Wish I could find something similar!!!


message 43: by Haz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haz Tara sivec writes amazing books...she has another series based on the children of the characters when they're all grown up. Its awesome


message 44: by Haz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haz Tara sivec writes amazing books...she has another series based on the children of the characters when they're all grown up. Its awesome


message 45: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Sonja wrote: "Ahhh... I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I laughed so hard, people around me thought I was demented while reading these... Wish I could find something similar!!!"

Agreed! :)


message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Haz wrote: "Tara sivec writes amazing books...she has another series based on the children of the characters when they're all grown up. Its awesome"

Still have to read those! :)


back to top