Lisa's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Sep 09, 12

Read from August 12 to 13, 2012

Warning: Do not, really listen to me, DO NOT read this book in public. If you do, you have fair warning that you may be apprehended and brought to your local mental hospital.

description

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec was pure awesome! Never, and I repeat, NEVER has a book made me laugh this hard. I made the mistake of bringing my Kindle with me to a Starbucks and I started reading this book there. I seriously must have looked like a mad woman in desperate need of therapy. I was laughing so hard, and I repeat in public, that I had to leave my local Starbucks and retreat before someone called and ambulance and they took me to the looney bin! This book was so incredibly funny and the dialogue between the characters was some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.

Tara Sivec has done a first-rate job transferring her unique humour to this sexy romantic comedy. I can’t recommend this book enough! If you are in the mood for a book that is fabulously written with an abundant amount of hilarity, pick this up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

Quotes Lisa Liked

Tara Sivec
“And let’s face it people, no one is ever honest with you about child birth. Not even your mother.       “It’s a pain you forget all about once you have that sweet little baby in your arms.”     Bullshit.   I CALL BULLSHIT.   Any friend, cousin, or nosey-ass stranger in the grocery store that tells you it’s not that bad is a lying sack of shit.   Your vagina is roughly the size of the girth of a penis.   It has to stretch and open andturn into a giant bat cave so the life-sucking human you’ve been growing for nine months can angrily claw its way out.   Who in their right mind would do that willingly?   You’re just walking along one day and think to yourself, “You know, I think it’s time I turn my vagina into an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar (minus the cheddar) and saddle myself down for a minimum of eighteen years to someone who will suck the soul and the will to live right out of my body so I’m a shell of the person I used to be and can’t get laid even if I pay for it.”

Tara Sivec
“Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw,”

Tara Sivec
“Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they cut your wiener,” Gavin sang as he pointed his gun at random objects.
“Wow, cops have gotten pretty hardcore lately” Carter muttered.”

Tara Sivec
“Holy shit, did they just kill off that fish’s wife?” I blurted in shock.
“Yep,” Gavin replied. “That big, mean fish ated her.”
He said it so calmly – like it was no big deal that a sweet, loving cartoon fish just got murdered. What the fuck was wrong with this movie? This couldn’t be appropriate for kids. I didn’t think it was appropriate for me.”

08/12/2012
6.0% "Holy smokes, I'm only 6% in and laughing like crazy.

*tears from laughing so hard*" 2 comments
08/13/2012
32.0% ""Somewhere in heaven, baby Jesus is weeping. Or maybe that's just me and the sound of my dignity dying."

This book is killing me!!!! So freakin HILARIOUS!!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Thanks for the review. Funny is hard to come by.

Lisa Tom wrote: "Thanks for the review. Funny is hard to come by."

Tom, this book is seriously funny. When in the mood for flat out silliness and fun, read this one. :)

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Barney boner cracked me up!

Lisa Amanda K wrote: "Barney boner cracked me up!"

LOL!

Paula Agree! I was reading while my kids were watching a movie today and they thought I was laughing at the movie. Little did they know...!

Lisa Paula wrote: "Agree! I was reading while my kids were watching a movie today and they thought I was laughing at the movie. Little did they know...!"

Lol!

message 7: by **jc** (new) - added it

**jc** HIL-AR-IOUS!!!! LOVE YOUR WARNING!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I share your sentiments Lisa! Awesome review!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Lisa :D

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Thanks ladies!!!! :)

Karolina Great review hun, the book had the same effect on me, at one point my kids were seriously concerned about me :)

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Karolina wrote: "Great review hun, the book had the same effect on me, at one point my kids were seriously concerned about me :)"

LMAO!

message 13: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara make sure to read the unidentified redhead and the redhead revealed they are just as funny and don't forget wallbanger

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Tara wrote: "make sure to read the unidentified redhead and the redhead revealed they are just as funny and don't forget wallbanger"

I definitely will. I've heard all those books are hilarious. :)

message 15: by Lisa Jayne (new) - added it

Lisa Jayne I really need to read this, I need a bit of funny sometimes you just need a break from all the angst in a book!! I loved Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - so hopefully this will be as good :-) fab review!!

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Lisa Jayne wrote: "I really need to read this, I need a bit of funny sometimes you just need a break from all the angst in a book!! I loved Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - so hopefully this will be as good :-) fab rev..."

This one is hilarious but you definitely have to be in the mood for outrageous humour. If you are, this entire series is great! :)

Heidi LMFAO - it really is soooo funny.

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Heidiw wrote: "LMFAO - it really is soooo funny."

Yes! I loved this book! :)

message 19: by Quel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Quel I loved this review! I felt that I have to start reading this book right NOW!! =)

message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Thanks Quel. Hope you enjoy! :D

message 21: by Belle of books (last edited Apr 06, 2014 01:41AM) (new) - added it

Belle of books Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SAD TEARS :)

message 22: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Belle of books wrote: "Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SAD TEARS :)"

LMAO!!!! Definitely not the place to read this one. ha ha ha

message 23: by Belle of books (last edited Apr 09, 2014 02:30AM) (new) - added it

Belle of books Lisa wrote: "Belle of books wrote: "Ha ... i started reading this bk in a QUIET uni library... two words BIG MISTAKE ... three more words SNORTS CAN ECHO ... only eight more HAPPY TEARS CAN LOOK THE SAME AS SA..."

yea :)

Christeena i was listening to the audiobook when i was on the train and it was embarrassing to laugh out loud on a packed train. Loved this book. :)

message 25: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Christeena wrote: "i was listening to the audiobook when i was on the train and it was embarrassing to laugh out loud on a packed train. Loved this book. :)"

LMAO!!!! The joy of reading funny books in public! ;)

Anastasia I love books that make me laugh so hard I wonder if someone hasn't slipped me happy pills. Great review. Curious though, how does it rate in the romance department?

message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Anastasia wrote: "I love books that make me laugh so hard I wonder if someone hasn't slipped me happy pills. Great review. Curious though, how does it rate in the romance department?"

This is definitely one of those books that have you busting a gut and the romance is actually very sweet. :D