Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ 's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Nicola Cornick

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: arc, historical, netgalley
Read in August, 2012

You can find this review and more at Forever Book Lover.
From rags to riches, from servant to Cinderella, who wouldn't want to go to bed one day being a maid and wake up the next being to wealth and a title!! My childhood dream came to life in this book.

What I loved about our heroine, Margery is that she simple didn't want the title, the money, she wanted things to stay status quot. She wanted to save her hard earned money and maybe open up her own confection business. But what she wanted and what was to be are two separate things.

The hero, Henry, well I felt sorry for him at first, the man who was targeted to earn the title and the money. It was earmarked for him from the beginning, he loved the land, you can tell by how the author wrote about his dreams, his desires. But the best of both worlds happened in this story, both these unbelievably made for each other characters fell in love and things couldn't have worked out better for them.

Not to give the plot away, our young heroine didn't recall much of her early years but there was one pivotal moment when her memory of her past came back, it was then that her life was in jeopardy. It was during this time that Henry finally accepted that he loved her and she was worth finding and fighting for.

The author brought back all the "scandalous" ladies of the ton, united they are a force to be reckoned with. I love the "Charle's Angel's" part it was perfect!!

I also loved all the beautiful covers, the gowns were gorgeous. Bravo to a wonderful ending to a just as wonderful series. I do hope to hear more from Nicola Cornick in the near future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.