Alex Canit's Reviews > Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Aug 12, 12

Read in July, 2012

For my own websites protection the rest of my review is on my website

I have grown to like retellings. I have not read the original Peter Pan by James Matthew Barrie, however most people know the story of Peter Pan, the boy who wouldn't grow up from Never Never Land. This novel tells the untold story of the lovers Peter and Tiger Lily. Tiger Lily is told in first person by Tinker Bell the faerie who can't talk, but can read minds, see emotions, and past events from people's lives. She goes to say...

"It's good in some ways, not to have a language. It makes you see things. You turn your attention, not to babbling about yourself, broadcasting each and every thought to everyone within earshot-as people do-but to observing. That's how faeries become so empathic. We're so attuned to the beating of a heart, the varied thrum of a pulse, the zaps of the synapses of a brain, that we are almost inside others' minds."

This Tinker Bell isn't the exact same spunky Tinker Bell we think we know. This Tinker Bell is very caring, compassionate, concerned, but a little over protective. We do see a little bit of a spunky Tinker Bell when Wendy is introduced.

The thought of a Tiger Lily, Peter Pan love story captivated me. You know so little of Tiger Lily in any form of writing that relates to Peter Pan, therefore I was also interested in a back story to Tiger Lily, you avid readers know what I mean when I say I was excited about a book in which a minor character becomes a major character in a different book because it's their back story.
I award this novel 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Again the rest of my review is on my website

please go check it out

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Lily.