Tamsin's Reviews > Royal Assassin

2090900
Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, fiction, high-fantasy
Read from August 19 to 30, 2012

Another epic feat of rich, descriptive storytelling continuing the story of Fitzchivalry Farseer and the politics of court. One of my favourite characters, the Fool, has more of a centre stage here as we learn a bit more of his background, and realise that there might be more subtle magic in this land than we first thought. The story did meander slightly in the middle, but soon picked up and I am looking forward to Assassin's Quest, the last in this particular trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Assassin.

Quotes Tamsin Liked

Robin Hobb
“Not all men are destined for greatness," I reminded him. "Are you sure, Fitz? Are you sure? What good is a life lived as if it made no difference at all to the great life of the world? A sadder thing I cannot imagine. Why should not a mother say to herself, if I raise this child aright, if I love and care for her, she shall live a life that brings joy to those about her, and thus I have changed the world? Why should not the farmer that plants a seed say to his neighbor, this seed I plant today will feed someone, and that is how I changed the world today?”
Robin Hobb, Royal Assassin