Nefertiti's Reviews > An Apple for the Creature

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012-releases, 4-stars-or-more
Read on September 05, 2012

*This rating is for Magic Tests only*

In Magic Tests we finally get to see the Kate Daniels universe from Julie's, the Pack Princess, perspective. Unfortunately, we don't get to see any of our other favorite KD characters, but that means less distractions and more focus on Julie. A good thing in such a short story.

Magic Tests begins with Julie patiently waiting for another dreaded school interview at Seven Star Academy. But instead of discussing courses, she is asked to investigate the disappearance of a student. Is this a set up to get her into school? Probably, but Julie's sense of right and wrong along with her desire to be an investigator, won't allow her to say no.

In this book, Ilona Andrews introduces new and quite interesting characters. Academically competitive Brook, entitled dud Lisa, prankster Barka, quiet Ashley, and baby bad ass Yu Fong. All of whom, I'd enjoy (and expect) to see again.

Could Magic Tests be an introduction to a YA spinoff? God, I hope so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Apple for the Creature.

09/05/2012 "I'm reading this just for Julie's story. I love Ilona Andrews!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph (new)

MrsJoseph *wails* Where did you get a copy?? I can only find a HARDBACK ($16) and I only want to read Magic Tests. *sniff*

Nefertiti amazonebook

Nefertiti I mean, it is an ebook from Amazon.

message 4: by MrsJoseph (new)

MrsJoseph Thanks! I'm going to have to break down and buy an e-copy. I have the rest of the entire series in paperback.