Tammi's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Alyson Noel

Aug 12, 12

Read in June, 2012

What is happening to Daire Santos? That is what she would like to know. She is perfectly content to travel with her mother, who works on movies. Then she starts to see the “glowing ones,” having dreams and acting out. Her mother, Jennika, is at her wits end and doesn’t know what to do. She ends up sending her to live with her grandma Paloma in New Mexico.

Daire isn’t pleased about living with someone who she has never met and her mother has only met once – at her father’s funeral. She is set against going there to live, but it is either that, or go to a psychiatric hospital to help her and Daire doesn’t like doctors.

When she arrives in New Mexico, she learns about Soul Seekers and what role she plays in them. She also meets Cade and Dace, the twins, who both play an important role. The question is, what role do they play?

I have long been a fan of Alyson Noël’s writing having read both the Immortals and Riley Bloom series. Fated was an easy book for me to read. I love the way that Noël writes so that you are immersed in the story. She doesn’t just tell you about the characters, she allows you to experience what they are experiencing. In some books, I find it really difficult to get through the history, but not so in Fated. I like how Cade and Dace are twins, but are opposites. Even their names are composed of the same letters, but make different words. Daire is a strong character who does things her way and doesn’t take the easy way out.

The Soul Seeker series is one that I will continue to follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.