Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Diamonds of Ice

Diamonds of Ice by Lynne Connolly

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

A sorcerer turned human, and a vampire meet in the most inconvenient manner, yet that still does not stop the sparks from flying.

Fabrice is trying to find his way through life now that he's lost his powers. One bonus is now that his virginity has been taken from him, he can enjoy all the sex he wants. I've been following this series for a while and I eagerly anticipated Fabrice’s story. Something about the guarded sorcerer made me think there was so much more to him than an icy exterior. Once the ice was chipped away I got to see a caring, lost man, who my heart just went out to. I enjoyed watching him try to understand and accept what he has become, as well as deal with the newly formed relationship between him and Gemma.

The romantic development between Gemma and Fabrice was spectacular. From beginning to end I got to watch these characters not only grow their relationship, but help to heal one another. While Fabrice’s scars were deeper than Gemma’s I could see how her character had also been bruised by her past. In the end, I truly believed that without one another neither character would have been happy, and isn’t that what "forever after" is all about?

There's one scene that needs mentioning, and is the reason I have labeled this a forced seduction. There is an F/F scene where a woman is making advances at Gemma. It's clear Gemma isn't interested in this female, but the woman continues to try and seduce Gemma. While no clothes are removed, the woman is aggressive in going after what she wants so I felt it warranted a forced seduction tag as well as mentioning. I will say that this scene does not take away from the plot or storyline in any way, but instead enhances the plot line.

Author Lynne Connolly has always been one of my favorites because of her ability to create dynamic plots with amazing conflicts. This story displayed her writing abilities perfectly. I could see how much she enjoyed writing this story all throughout the books. Scenes like the one I mentioned earlier with the female for example. As usual, I was at the edge of my seat hanging onto every word and anticipating what was going to happen next. The excellent writing ability and memorable characters proves this story deserves every one of its five stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diamonds of Ice.