Valentina Heart's Reviews > Wacky Wednesday

Wacky Wednesday by J.A. Rock

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: glbt, the-romance-reviews, glbt-bdsm
Read on August 12, 2012

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

WACKY WEDNESDAY is a refreshing and really funny story about two men in a relationship switching bodies for a day. If you've seen the movie Freaky Friday, you will probably notice the similarities, but one thing the movie didn't have was the element of domestic discipline.

Jayk is a brat in a relationship with an older man, Amon, and lately he's been feeling the strain between them. Amon is taking all of it a bit more lightly, probably according to his age but a series of bad days and situations was slowly turning their relationship into something neither of them knew how to handle.

While it didn't really come as much of a surprise to either of the men, changing bodies after a particularly rough day ended up doing what they alone couldn't – fixing what was wrong between them.

At first both of them fit into their new roles with surprising ease. Jayk goes to the office, chats with the employees and holds seminars but it really was only a matter of time before everything slipped for the brat and the only one who could have made him feel better was his lover and partner, a man who lately hasn't been there. Amon on the other hand approaches Jayk's life with a dose of superiority, which soon falls flat, and he discovers more about his brat than he expected.

WACKY WEDNESDAY truly is a funny story worth the time it takes to read it. I kept chuckling with each new page, something I haven't done in quite a while and even if that isn't something that appeals to you, the romance and simply love between the two men is something to pay attention to.

I was a bit disappointed in the domestic discipline aspect of the story, especially considering the only other book by J.A. Rock that I've read was By His Rules where DD was more pronounced. The easy way Amon and Jayk approached their new bodies and lives was a bit hard to take and is another reason why I'm giving this story four stars instead of five. But all that aside, this is a great book by an author who truly does show loads of potential. If you want a good laugh and a carefree afternoon, take a chance on this story. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wacky Wednesday.