Samantha Tai's Reviews > Seating Arrangements

Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead

Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: shelf-awareness, entertainment-weekly, summer, weddings
Read from August 12 to 16, 2012

I have to say I was disappointed with Seating Arrangements. I've read lots of reviews (well maybe not lots but enough that I really wanted to read this book) but the book did receive a lot of hype and I thought I'd really enjoy it. I didn't not like the book, but it wasn't what I expected either. I think what I disliked the most was Winn Van Meter, the father of the bride, because the story revolves so much around him. Winn is such a dislikable character and I just coudn't stand him. He is condescending to his wife and daughters, especially his younger daughter, who is getting over a difficult break-up.

I like to measure how much I enjoy books in the time it took to read it. I read the book in about a week and stayed up late reading it, so that's a good sign that I enjoyed it. However, I'm glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't purchase it on my kindle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seating Arrangements.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sheryl Sorrentino You are so right that we can measure our enjoyment of a book by how long it takes to read! (I'm struggling through this one.)