Maggie Mcguire's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

F_50x66
Aug 12, 12

Read in August, 2012

I enjoyed Girl of Nightmares. Although, I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped. It wasn't Anna Dressed in Blood. It didn't have the same mystery and excitement as the first book. I also found the whole *SPOILERS* part about the secret society to be one big eyeroll. I don't like how Cas found himself being at the center of this society as a sort of 'chosen one.' For me it just felt out of place for Cas to be this super special descendant of a warrior instead of his bloodline being downplayed (which felt much more realistic in the first book). Again, a big eyeroll. However, I did find the ending exciting and ripped through it faster than I did with the rest of the book. It was exciting and dramatic and it was great to Cas more as a hunter than a worried, clueless, love-sick teenager. The reason I gave this book five stars is because even though I had some big complaints I still found myself unable to book the book down. I love Cas. I love his sarcasm and wit and, of course, his one-liners.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.