Emma Meade's Reviews > Chasing Amanda

Chasing Amanda by Melissa Foster

Aug 12, 12

I can't imagine the guilt Molly must have felt when she failed to recognise that an abduction was taking place before her eyes. Ten years or so later, Molly is still chasing Amanda, and refuses to turn a blind eye when a local child, Tracey goes missing. Neither the police or her husband are thrilled when Molly starts doing her own investigation. While I understood Molly's frustration with her husband's lack of support, I did understand where he was coming from. Molly discovers a necklace that possibly belongs to Tracey and doesn't turn it over to the police. No wonder her husband is furious with her; she's hiding evidence and is only making herself look more and more like a suspect.

On the plus side, I was drawn into the mystery straight away and had to keep reading to find out who the abductor was, and I was surprised at who it turned out to be, thinking I had it all figured out early on. How wrong I was. But I didn't like the extra surprise/character thrown in at the end to explain the dodgy actions of some of the townsfolk.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Amanda.