Judy's Reviews > Small Wonder

Small Wonder by Barbara Kingsolver

Sep 04, 2010

bookshelves: audiobooks, female-author, my-2010-books, biography-autobiography-memoir, non-fiction, desert-island
Recommended for: everyone
Read from June 18 to September 03, 2010 , read count: 1

I just finished reading this amazing collection of essays -- on the environment, America, the flag, terrorism, 9/11, raising children, endangered species, and more. But, if you happen to run across this review while you are thinking about reading the book, let me recommend strongly that you read the audio book. Not because the paper version isn't perfectly good, but the audio book is read by the author. Her voice, inflection, accent, and tone all come together so brilliantly to give even more grace and sincerity to her profound and honest words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Wonder.

message 1: by Hayes (new)

Hayes Sounds wonderful. I adore Kingsolver. This is already on TBR, but I will look for the audiobook.

message 2: by Jennannej (new)

Jennannej Good to hear! I am currently reading High Tide in Tucson. I really enjoy Kingsolver. I listened to the audio version of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I enjoyed it!

Judy Truly wonderful, I'll probably keep it on my ipod and listen whenever I need confirmation that there really are intelligent people out there!

Valerie Petersen I took your advice and ordered the audio version. I was not happy, though, when I received it on cassettes. I had to buy a cassette player which stopped working after one tape. Another is on its way from an EBay seller. I did love the first tape, though.