Hannio J's Reviews > Oceans of Fire

Oceans of Fire by Christine Feehan

Aug 13, 2012

liked it
Read in August, 2012

This is the third book of the Drake sisters series though I'm sure that anyone reading this review already knows that!

I had read this book a few years ago but since I am making my way back through the series I've reached this one again.

I have vague memories of remembering that I found this book the hardest to get through all those years ago but I couldnt exactly remember why until I did finish it again.

I like the sister's relationship together and how they do their best to protect Abbey and I certainly liked the foreshadowing of who Hannah and Joley would end up with and yet at the same time I did find Abbey kind of annoying.

It was like she seriously couldn't make up her mind with him. One minute she was all swoony with him and the next she was all furious. I get that he had hurt her but I just wanted her to make up her mind one way or another. Either be with the fella or set him free and mean it!

Once she did make her choice and decided to be with him then the story became likable for me as did the character of Abbey.

The fact that the Russian mafia were involved did make me chuckle. I'm from England so I've always picture the Drake's town as though it was a village like we have here so it did seem kinda strange to me that out of every possible place in America they would pick a small village but heyho it did add some drama to the book. Nothing beats a good action film after all!

All in all a good book but definitely my least favourite so far!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oceans of Fire.