Shelley's Reviews > While It Lasts

Read in August, 2012

2.5 Stars!
****WARNING THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

*************DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ***********

Ugh really, there must be something wrong with me when all i feel about this novel is meh. Everyone else just LOVES it. To me it's just the same old, same old to be honest.
Yeah Cage is a hunky bad boy with the usual "reputation". And you know exactly how it's all going to play out after the second chapter! Wounded, heart broken girl who's been in a funk for 18 months emerges from funk when she lays eyes on the gorgeous bad boy! Of course she's off limits (the good girls always are *eye roll*)in more than one way, so there in lies the up ad coming dramas they will have to face - totally predictable!

There is some pretty steamy attraction which was hot, especially with Cage and his piercing in the mix(yum). But I have to tell you, I am no shrinking violet, in fact when it comes to comparisons of fauna variation I like to think of myself as something of a Venus flytrap - quick to gobble down anything and everything without flinching. I mean I read BDSM and hardcore slave domination for god sake, without getting grossed out.
So when Eva gives up her virginity to Cage, and we all know how messy that can be, and he then goes down on her! Yes people, he goes down on her after! I mean really? For fucks sake! That shit is not sexy, but oh , the author does mention that he wipes his mouth after. Suppose that makes it okay then? Uh NO, not okay!!! Just eeewwww!

But anyways, after my cringe fest, the story moves onto the predictable path where they both make ridiculous immature decisions (Eva) and the spineless 'I feel so not worthy' decisions (Cage). But never fear my romance junkies, they have there happy ending! OF COURSE they do! You already knew that.

So I rate this book 2.5 stars (rounding up) because I feel the author does not deserves the rating drop just because of my rather cynical approach to this book. It is well written and I can see why people love it. So read it and form your own opinion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While It Lasts.