Nicole's Reviews > The Hound of the Baskervilles

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle

Aug 11, 2012

Read in April, 2012

When I first read this book, as a little kid, it scared the crap out of me. I was so afraid of going to the English moors that I had nightmares for weeks afterwards. Now that I have read it again, as an adult, it still creeps me out. I just love how timeless the Sherlock Holmes stories are and that, no matter how old you are, they still have an affect on you.

The Hound of the Baskervilles is truly an amazing mystery story and is one of those that keep you guessing until the very end. It is the kind of mystery story that is not written anymore and is truly one of a kind. Supernatural elements, lies, deceit, all of the elements of a great mystery, and all the elements that make up this great addition to the Sherlock Holmes collection. I especially loved the characters. This is one of the best of Sherlock Holmes' cases and he and Doctor Watson really shine, along with the other characters in the book. That is the great thing about the Sherlock Holmes' collection, the characters are all amazingly well-written and The Hound of the Baskervilles is no different.

I definitely recommend this book to everyone. Not only are the characters and plot just absolutely amazing and pretty much one of a kind, but as I said, this is one of the stories that can traverse time and still affect you, no matter how young or old you are. It is a story for everyone and I think that everyone should read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hound of the Baskervilles.