Julia's Reviews > A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Aug 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, emoted, drama, fantasy, recced-to-me, series, to-review
Read from August 11 to 27, 2012

First impressions: Just as solid as the other two. I liked it more then CoK and less then GoT. I didn't find it any less gut-wrenching then GoT, but I really liked some new POVs. Like Jamie. Tyrion never disappoints. Sansa is starting to entertain me though I still think she is too childish (especially after what she's been through). I hold out hope. Love Arya and Jon as well. Dany's is almost like reading a completely different book.

The other POVs I don't mind, but I always wait for the pages with those on it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

08/11/2012
11.0% "So far so good. All I know about this book is "ITS THE BEST ONE OMG" and "SO MUCH SADNESS"... well let's do this then."
08/13/2012 page 192
18.0% "Arg. its like watching a bunch of half hour long tv episodes. just enough to hook you then it's the end and you have to wait a week for more."
08/20/2012 page 310
29.0% "It has finally happened. I have a favorite character. damn it! I won't say who or why I love them in a hopes that they won't die like everyone else in this book series..."
08/20/2012 "also occasionally I've been taking certain scenes and in my head playing them out as they would happen in romance novels. it is quite amusing to me."
08/23/2012 page 367
34.0% "aaaand my least favorite character returns... I thought they had gotten better. *deliberate vagueness*"
08/25/2012 page 655