Rachel's Reviews > Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories

Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Sto... by Kelly Link

F_50x66
Aug 11, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in August, 2012

I don't usually read books that is on a world a lot like our own but different because I get easily confused with what happens in the book and what really happens on Earth so I tend to stay away from books like these. I also tend to stay away from books that contain short stories each with a different character in it. So when I was surprised when I picked this book up and started reading because these just aren't the types of books that I would read.
I found myself enjoying this book because I have a fascination with robots and how they are made of wheels and clogs and manage to talk and act as if they're alive, well in stories of course. After I finished reading I was left with a important question: can these things happened in the future? I mean can we as humans make a automaton and make it alive somehow? So I was left scratching my head with that question.
I was pleased with how well the stories were told and the language used was different but not too different, if you get what I mean. My favorite story is probably The Last Ride of the Glory Girls by Libba Bray. I loved how the story is told and I can relate to how the heroin of the story, Adelaide Jones, feels in some parts of the story. I didn't really like the ending though. It was okay but I would have liked it more if she didn't try to escape into the future or the past.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories.