Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Collector

The Collector by Elizabeth Morgan

Aug 11, 12

The Collector (The Overseers Book 1)The Collector by Elizabeth Morgan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well for the other side of that "bad book" coin I got this one The Collector [The Overseers] to review and it turned out to be very good with a few notes. Once again you have the equivalent of "MINE" as the impetus of the romance in the too often used "I don't know why I love her" but at least this time it was given some time to mature and grow into something that even as PNR we can relate to for the story. The summary below kind of gives you adequate insight:

"After watching millions die, those human emotions are starting to take effect. Instead of collecting his next spirit from the car accident that is about to kill her, Kale saves her life. His punishment for ruining fate... is mortality.

Samantha hasn't been able to stop thinking about her beautiful hero. So when she stumbles across him, lying in a hospital bed with a small case of amnesia, she is more than happy to offer him her help. It's the least she can do to re-pay the man who saved her life.

Though Samantha soon learns that Kale isn't the guardian angel she thought he was, not to mention how far he has fallen to earn a place in her heart."

The story is simple and if I want to say anything bad about it the ebook price for about 100 pages is $5 which is horrid in comparison to other, better works and it is neither lendable nor loanable on Amazon so while I seldom include price in my rating, it is a consideration.
You will enjoy the story, We have all the great things to make it good, huge sacrifice, life saving, bumbling lover, fallen angel, etc and it works . If you don't mind the price and want something around for a quick read when you are down or between books, this is a good choice. Hope I see more in this world, she does build a decent new unique world that should be fodder for future efforts.
Bottom Line: For 100 pages it is 4+ Star reading and you are not frustrated at the end but you do want to know more if she revisits these characters. Good HEA.

1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Collector.

Elizabeth Morgan Thank you so much, Douglas, for both taking the time to review The Collector, and for your honest opinion. I am glad that you liked the story. :-)

Douglas Meeks It was a breath of fresh air after reading a couple of books that made me almost suicidal:) I try to let as many authors as possible know that readers like to feel good when they finish a book, so many don't get that fact, yours was one that did not miss the mark. If you are going to do something bad, you better have something good to balance it out, the book I read before yours (which I shall not name here) missed that by miles LOL,I hope you pursue stories in this realm, it was a emotional high for most people I would expect.

Elizabeth Morgan I'm glad it was a more uplifting story for you, and yeah, I completely agree. As a big reader myself I love me a HEA or a happily for now type ending. :-)

Once again, thank you for your honest opinion. Every review helps toward the planning of the next book, because I do hope to do another three novellas in this series, so it's nice to know that readers would like to explore this world a little more with me. :-)