Karen Pokras Toz's Reviews > Maddie World

Maddie World by Kimberly Kinrade

Aug 11, 12

Poor Maddie. Not only is the mean girl at school bullying her, but she still hasn't discovered her own world as her two sisters, Bella and Lexie, already have.

Little does Maddie know, things are about to change when Bella and Lexie find a big box to play in. Maddie decides to join them (with dog TayTay, of course) and before they know it, they are in Maddie World. They also happen to be in the middle of a war between the Bubble Fairies and the Lava Fairies. Luckily, Maddie has a sword with plenty of power just for her, as she set out on her quest to find a missing necklace and bring these two feuding sides together.

I loved travelling to Maddie World!! This is a sweet book with a very powerful message about bullies and respect. My favorite line in the book is when Maddie remembers the advice her parents gave her and states, "I can stand up for myself, and for what's right, without becoming a bully." An important lesson that all children and adults should follow.

Wonderful characters plus beautiful illustrations equals one perfect story for younger readers.

The Author provided a copy of this book to me in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maddie World.