Lain's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Nov 30, 2008

liked it

I have not really bonded with this series. In fact, Book #2 was one of the worst books I've forced myself to finish. However, #3 was actually a good read! I really wanted to see what was going to happen, and Meyer's writing style seems to have smoothed out some. I have to say, though, I have never seen so much muttering, eye-rolling, growling, and screaming in my life. I think most of the characters need therapy, and a good course in codependents anonymous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather I read the first -- found it mildly entertaining, but do not plan to read the rest. I have heard that about the 2nd -- that it is terrible, but you have to read it to understand 3 &4 and that they are better. Good luck if you plan to go on to 4!

message 2: by Laurajean (new)

Laurajean You have more patience than I. I stopped midway through Book 1 after the 10,000th reference to Edward's smoldering eyes. My two youngest daughters, 13 & 15, love the series, though.

Tami Book 3 was the best of the bunch. It's all downhill from here - my advice is quit while you're ahead. ;)