Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Pride & Popularity

Pride & Popularity by Jenni James

Aug 11, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, reviewed, retellings
Read on August 11, 2012 , read count: 1

Chloe Hart can’t stand Taylor Anderson, the school hottie that seems to have his own fan club. Ever since her encounter with him at a basketball game, she vowed to stay away from him.

Now, she’s in her senior year of high school and is looking forward to a great school year that is until she finds out Taylor has art with her. He’s always finding ways to joke with her, and it bugs her to death.

Her best friends, Madison and Alyssa, claim that he likes her, but his long list of girlfriends and admiring girls makes Chloe think otherwise. Can Chloe see that Taylor doesn’t fit her stereotype of the “popular crowd”?

I’ve wanted to read this one for so long. I’ve seen several reviews of Jenni James’ books and read the first book in her Faerie Tale Collection and loved it. I finally convinced myself to start the Jane Austen Diaries series, and I was not disappointed. This series is very clean and is definitely a fresh breath of air in young adult fiction.

I loved reading about the banter between Taylor and Chloe. I was definitely rooting for Taylor, even though I didn’t like he went from girl to girl. There were several times I did get annoyed at Taylor, but things are explained near the end. I hate to admit it, but I’ve never read a book by Jane Austen. I still don’t know if I want to because I don’t like classic fiction for the most part. I definitely do recommend picking this up if you like sweet, young adult contemporary romances.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride & Popularity.

06/22 marked as: read