Lillian's Reviews > Mirage

Mirage by Kristi Cook

Aug 12, 12

Read from August 10 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

Frankly, the general plot is predictable. Our heroine is the usual character: beautiful, smart, strong without effort, and attractive to every male she encounters. All of her guy and girl friends magically get together to make the perfect cluster of couples for the group. Ultimately, she's a flat character. I found it hard to really appreciate the book simply because I knew what would happen already. The mystery behind the topical girliness is fairly interesting and some of the supporting characters are unique but ultimately the simple fact that everything in this book goes so accordingly to plan, that everyone is perfectly beautiful, smart, and strong, makes it hard to stomach. I get that it's a book about psychics and is unrealistic by nature, but the relationships and the drama are simply too unbelievable. I will probably read the next book because I want to know how certain mysteries are answered, but I won't be reading it for the romance. If you were happy to let the story rest with Haven's ending, you can skip this sequel.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirage.