Al's Reviews > The Book of Mormon Girl: Stories from an American Faith

The Book of Mormon Girl by Joanna Brooks

Aug 11, 2012

liked it

I said that I was finished with the LDS critical genre for awhile. It is interesting, but it always leaves me depressed (as do a lot of pro LDS books). However, I was running a chain of Youtube videos (which is always fun to do), and Joanna Brooks popped up in the list of suggestions. I watched one short pitch for this book, and I was hooked (well done Joanna).

I wanted to write a review, but it ended up sounding like a personal story. Believe me, you don't need to hear that. I would just like to say, Mrs. Brooks gives comfort and inspiration to anyone that is seeking to find "The Better Story" in life. I will also say, that I think the church will change (evolve) in drastic ways.

I am also watching the Catholic church struggle right now in America with social issues. This is a fascinating time in America, and I think the dam is breaking. Social change is inevitable in a society like ours, and historically, the leadership has always had to adapt to stay relevant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Mormon Girl.