Eric's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

bookshelves: modern-fiction
Recommended to Eric by: Marcy Williams
Recommended for: Bethany, Lucy, Lizzie Simon, Alexandra Mair, Josh
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1

This is an absolutely incredible book. I purchased it about a week and a half ago. Once I started reading it, I finished it in five days; that's the shortest amount of time I've ever taken on a book!

The Curious Incident is told from the point of view of Christopher John Francis Boone, an autistic teenager in Wiltshire, England. He has great difficulty relating to most humans, but seems to communicate well with animals. In the book's opening, Christopher decides to investigate the suspicious death of a neighborhood dog, which in turn leads to a wholly unexpected adventure.

Having met and lived with a number of autistic individuals in Atlanta, I can honestly say that Mark Haddon's portrayal of Christopher is true-to-life; I've always wanted to get inside the brain of such a person, and this was my chance.

I hope that The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time captivates and moves you the way it did me. Get your hands on a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

Quotes Eric Liked

Mark Haddon
“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”
Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time