Angie's Reviews > Guilty Wives

Guilty Wives by James Patterson

Aug 11, 12

bookshelves: book-club, 2012, fiction, 4-stars, reviewed
Read on August 11, 2012

A gal from the office decided to start a monthly book club (and like most book clubs, it'll be a monthly excuse for drinks with the girls. Yay booze!), and this was our first pick, drawn at random from secret ballot suggestions.

Reasons I Figured I Wouldn't Like This Book:

A) Patterson & Co publish approximately 829377292 books a year and they all read pretty much the same.

B) Books written in first person usually end up annoying me.

C) Books with female leads set current day usually make me cringe and leave me embarrassed to have girly bits.

D) Patterson's writing of female characters usually tends to lead you believe that a certain someone has a whole host of mommy issues.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say that none of the above were an issue. That may be in part to David Ellis's contributions to the book, not sure. Patterson usually doesn't do 'strong heroine' well, but Abbie was solidly written. Was it somewhat predictable? At times. Does it suffer because of that? Not really.

My main problem with fiction is that I want to consume it all at once and I end up reading a book in a single day or in the course of a weekend. Not much changed on that front.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Wives.

08/11/2012 page 99
22.0% "Book Club selection #1" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Natalie The way you devour books absolutely amazes me! You could be my own personal Cliff Note!

Angie Natalie wrote: "The way you devour books absolutely amazes me! You could be my own personal Cliff Note!"

That's the benefit of having no life! :)