Jaz Primo's Reviews > Just Another Judgement Day

Just Another Judgement Day by Simon R. Green

Aug 14, 2012

Read from August 11 to 14, 2012

I just finished reading Simon Green’s “Just Another Judgement Day”, the ninth installment in his highly-popular Nightside urban fantasy series. I completely enjoyed this novel, and found the storyline to be both compelling and highly-informative concerning the burgeoning new group of Nightside power brokers, referred to as the Authorities, who have replaced their former holders as the guiding management for the Nightside. And yet, there’s still even more to this storyline, such as the evolving relationship between Suzie Shooter and our enigmatic hero, John Taylor. Finally, the readers gain additional insight into the personal relationship between John Taylor and Walker, the Nightside’s chief enforcer and oft-quasi-adversary to John.
*Whew*
Merely alluding to the additional quality content in this novel is a storyline in and of itself!
Of course, Just Another Judgement Day follows a highly engaging storyline thread involving God’s arm of justice, the Walking Man, making an ominous appearance in the Nightside on his perpetual mission to smite evil-doers. However, the reader quickly discovers that, while feared and nearly invincible, the mysterious Walking Man harbors a dark agenda, key motivations, and compelling background all his own, which brings life to what may seem a straightforward mission. As is often the case, John Taylor is called upon by the new Authorities to stop the Walking Man before he wreaks havoc in the Nightside. Oh, and readers will be treated to a remarkable character, Chandra Singh, who enriches the storyline in his own unique and interesting manner.
All in all, this novel was simply amazing in its own right, as well as thoroughly satisfying at so many levels: excellent character development, compelling arc of impending threat, and juicy tidbits and insights into characters that we have all grown to love in the Nightside. This novel gets five stars, and A-plus, and my urgent recommendation to “read it now!”
Wow!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Another Judgement Day.

message 1: by Grammy (new) - added it