Debbie Mcnulty's Reviews > Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Aug 11, 12

I own a copy

Wow! I really really liked this book. Reading it changed me. It really changed the way that I look at many of the events in my own life. “Wild” is not the type of book that I usually read. I felt like I needed something fresh to read, something different. This book seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

With in the pages if this book is an 11,000 mile journey. There is the foot journey of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and the journey of the heart. Cheryl’s descriptions of the scenes and people along the trail are amazing and you really start to feel like you are right there seeing/experiencing them too. She brings the whole adventure alive for the reader. This book is rich with themes. First there is the trail. All of the expected and unexpected trials and the grand scale of it all. Then there are the issues of the heart. Dealing with the death of a parent and the chaos that follows, inter-family relationships, grieving, love, divorce, friendship, self discovery, transformation, letting go and moving on.

I cannot recommend this book more highly. It is well written and inspiring. Reading it made me want to experience the trail for myself. If you like books about transformation you will enjoy this book. If you are a nature lover you will enjoy it too. I could not wait to turn each page. As I stated earlier I am changed for having read this book. If you have read it I would love to hear your thoughts.

D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild.