Tricia's Reviews > The Problem with Black Magic

The Problem with Black Magic by Karen Mead

Aug 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012-challenge-books, demons, e-book, vampires, witches, young-adult
Read from August 11 to 27, 2012 — I own a copy

This fast-paced young adult story is full of action, suspense and magic. I love a good story with magic! This one is filled with both black magic concerning demons and the white magic of witches. Add in a few vampires and its a great combination for a fun paranormal read. The characters really took on their personalities making them feel like real people. So much so that even as I was rooting for Cassie and Sam, I was also irritated with some of their decisions. But that only made me turn the pages faster to find out what happened to them next! I truly enjoyed reading this story, and I look forward to reading future books in this series. I would love to see the romance blossom between the main characters. Ms. Mead also has me intrigued with the secondary characters and how the future will play out for them. I only wish this story had been written in first person POV. For the most part this is Cassie's story, but I would have loved to see it completely through her eyes to add to the level of suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Problem with Black Magic.

08/11/2012