Marie's Reviews > Lullaby

Lullaby by Amanda Hocking

May 24, 13

bookshelves: beautiful-covers, creepy, fantasy, mermaids, read-in-2013
Read from January 06 to 09, 2013

Definitely not as good as Wake, but I still enjoyed it!

After Gemma runs off with Penn, Lexi, and Thea, Harper vows to get her back. With her gorgeous guy friend Daniel by her side, she feels like she can do anything. But every day that goes by without any sign of her sister, she begins to lose hope.

Meanwhile, Gemma is adjusting to her new life as a siren. She doesn't want to be one, but it's getting harder to resist the sea's call. All she wants is to return to her mortal life with her sister, but when the sea calls, it's hard not to ignore.

Like I said, this was just not as good as Wake. The romance was the part that bugged me the most. Harper's and Daniel's romance felt really forced and unreal, and the romance between Alex and Gemma...well, if you've read Wake, you know what I mean. Everything else is great. The story and the mythology is as awesome as ever.

Overall, a good read. I recommend trying this series out!

CONTENT: Um...don't really remember if there is any swearing. One heavy kiss and moderate violence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lullaby.

01/06/2013 page 30
01/07/2013 page 130
44.0% "Where the heck did this stuff about the spirits come from???"
01/08/2013 page 135
46.0% "That was probably the weirdest thing I've ever read. They contact the spirits, it doesn't work, then they just say "oh, well, we'll just look for her the old fashioned way?""
show 2 hidden updates…