Melissa's Reviews > The Summer Garden

The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons

Aug 11, 2012

Read in August, 2012

I loved this book so much. Please read it, but make sure you read the first two (The Bronze Horseman and Tatiana and Alexander/The Bridge to Holy Cross) first. Surprisingly I think I enjoyed this one, the conclusion, the most. I finished it a couple of hours ago and am still filled with such warmth, happiness, love, yearning, and other mixed emotions from the book. The trilogy really does take you on an epic journey. It is emotionally draining; you can't be led lightly by Shura and Tatia, they really will tug at your heart like they did eachothers' - be warned. The depth of historical knowledge shown by Simons is amazing. I think I learnt more on WWI, WWII, the Vietnam War, Russia, the USA, and basic general knowledge than I ever did at school from these books.....and I was an attentive student! Also, the love lessons learnt by Alexander and Tatiana are truly inspiring. Traveling through so many years with these two in this final book has really made me feel like they are a part of myself. I hope that it's like this for anyone else who reads The Summer Garden too. If you have red the first two, then I highly recommend ordering this book NOW (it's so annoying that you can't buy it in New Zealand stores). If you haven't red the other two, then get started now :) Being able to read The Summer Garden will be well worth it. I wish there was some discussion or something to be involved with now that there's no more of their story to read, as it really is hard to let go of something as wonderful as this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Garden.