Anj's Reviews > Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes

Mythology by Edith Hamilton

Dec 12, 13

bookshelves: mythology, adventure, cool, fiction, paranormal, owned
I own a copy

So great.. I picked this book today to read it but unfortunately I discover that I know most of the stories with in the book well enough because we once tackle this during my high school days in my English class. I was really planning to read this one in order for me to have a broad background in Greek Myth cause I am planning to read 'The Goddess Test' next. Luckily, rereading some part makes me refresh my memory specially in the stories about Plato and how the underground world operates.

I also saw the story of Orpheus and Euridyce, I might add that I really like that story.

It was really fun reading such stories. I remember that when I was 12, I keep on searching things involving Zeus clan, Athena and Artemis- my favorite goddesses, the different gods and their awesome names.

I find the stories- every now and then- entertaining and adventurous. Over all, it was really good. Reading stories about the gods and goddesses, their way of life in Mount Olympus, their imperfections despite of their positions, their crazy and weird stories regarding miracles and many more.

I just wish that I am the type who loves or at least likes to reread stories that they know too well. But I am really not, so I just tried to recall some of the stories since I was really aware of the contents of other stories like the Adventures of Odyssey, The Golden Fleece, Aeneas story, Trojan war and the rest short stories. It just happen that I really have to remember them before in order to pass my English Class during my high schooldays.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mythology.