Gabbi's Reviews > Four Corners

Four Corners by Kate McMurray

4.5 Kisses

I love a friends-to-lovers themed romance. There’s something very special about watching two people who have always be friends and depended on each others relationship evolve into love and romance. I admit that after I read the blurb to this book, I was pretty excited to read it, so it wasn’t long before I found myself pushing aside my daily chores so I could finish it once I started it. Believe me when I say I wasn’t disappointed. Four Corners immediately swept me up into the lives of these engaging characters and gripped my interest until the very end.

Four Corners is told in first person through Jake’s point of view. Normally, this is not my favorite viewpoint when I’m reading romance, but I thought the author did a really good job at keeping Jake’s character and his viewpoint alluring enough to really move the story along quite smoothly as the book progressed. Jake is a strong, well-written character and I personally enjoyed his inner-dialog and reliving some of the memories he had about his best friend and true love, Adam, and their small tight knit group of friends.

I liked Jake and Adam. Both as friends and lovers they really made sense together. I admit, there were times I wanted to personally strangle Adam for being so naïve and afraid to stand on his own feet, but I also empathized with his confusion about his sexuality and his homophobic parents. Still, I wanted him to stand on his own two feet and live his life and love who he wanted before he eventually came around with Jake, but I also know we all do things on our own time, and Adam’s transition into a stronger, more confident man was a journey only he could go through at his own pace. I enjoyed watching both men work hard to find their way back to each other, and I appreciated the solid foundation of love and trust that they once again build between them.

This is the first book I’ve read by this author. I really liked her ability to get to the heart of her characters and her easy style of writing. I’m looking forward to reading more books by her and recommend this book for anyone who loves a good friends to lovers/reunion romance.

Reviewed By: Gabbi
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Corners.