Mark's Reviews > Dead Man's Footsteps

Dead Man's Footsteps by Peter James

Dec 26, 08

bookshelves: fiction, crime, thriller
Read in December, 2008

Another good book in the Roy Grace police series from Peter James, although having said that, this one felt a little less thrilling than the previous novels. With the previous books (possibly because there was mainly just one strand to the plot) they felt a lot more gripping and a good sense of danger whereas this book (for me anyway) took longer to get me hooked - I started this one at the end of November 2008 and slowly got to around 300 pages just before Xmas but then read the last couple of hundred pages in a couple of days or so to finish it today (Boxing Day 2008). There are 3 separate plot strands to this book and it's interesting to see them weave together and trying to work out how they'll come together as you are reading it - its only as they do start to intertwine that you get more hooked by the book.
Overall opinion - a good read but don't choose it as your first Roy Grace novel if you've not read the others first - it might put you off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Man's Footsteps.