Kari's Reviews > Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in August, 2012

Tidewater Inn is the first book I have read by this author. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started the book. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily I was sucked into the story. There is a little something for everyone in here. The suspense of who took Nicole and how they would find her kept me on the edge of my seat. I had to know who was behind it all. My only complaint was that I thought the authorities and people in the town weren't very proactive in looking for Nicole. I would have expected more searching for her.

Tidewater Inn is not just a mystery, it is the story of a woman who gets a second chance at finding a family and a home. Finding out that she has siblings she never knew about throws Libby for a loop, but she is determined to find out her parents' secrets and get to know her siblings. It was heartbreaking that Vanessa and Brent stayed so cold to her for so long. There is also a very subtle yet sweet romance in the book. Alec is the man who captures Libby's heart. I liked the two of them together.

The peripheral characters in the book are wonderful and really add to the story overall. It looks like this is the first in a series. I look forward to reading more about this small island!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tidewater Inn.