Faye's Reviews > Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far about Love, Faith, and Living Your Dreams

Winning Balance by Shawn Johnson

Aug 27, 12

Read from August 10 to 27, 2012

A winning read, indeed!

Shawn Johnson tells her story from birth and adventurous youngster to top gymnast and finding a balance when some of the drama died down. Shawn opens up her life and her heart to her readers, as well as inspiring and encouraging along the way.

I immensely enjoyed reading Shawn's storyas she shared from her heart the trials she'd been through as well as the joys. I liked how she shared about her faith and how she had grown in a variety of ways during different parts of her life.

The book had an engaging conversational tone to it, that made it feel more personal.

I think that my favorite parts of the books were the ones about the struggles she faced and overcame after the 2008 Beijing Olympics were over and how she found her sense of joy again.

Overall an inspiring read about faith, determination, love, and dreaming big. This is a book that shows the world the true Shawn Johnson. A book I enjoyed the whole way through, I highly recommend!

No review required.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winning Balance.

08/23/2012 page 126
08/26/2012 page 272
100.0% "Review to come!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa I really want to read this!