Bookworm's Reviews > The Swiss Family Robinson

The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss

F 50x66
Aug 10, 12

I know that there's ALOT of more hate on this book than love. Oh well. I, for one, LOVED it! I mean I know it sounds COMPLETELY unrealistic and just plain baloney, but I was just engrossed in these pages. The first few pages, I had to push myself through them, but soon I was just flipping the pages nonstop. I admired how the family stuck close together and how they built shelter after shelter after shelter, or should I say, mansion after mansion after mansion. LOL. I was surprised at myself for enjoying this book-no joke. I thought I'd hate it. Anyways, the family was SO smart! They used everything! They built a freakin' two story house in the jungle! That's gotta count for something! Plus, they made a house inside of a crystal cave (or some kind of cave that had like stalagtites and things). They found a use for everything! The way the author described the scenery was amazing! I felt like I was there with them! Anyways, the characters didn't develop throughout the story, or was it just me, but the characters were more than one dimensional. All in all, either you love it or hate it. If you like adventure, then this is definitely the book for you. Even if you don't, just try it- I mean look at me! I thought I'd hate it, but I think I might reread it soon.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swiss Family Robinson.