Melissa's Reviews > The Janus Affair

The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine

1922992
Aug 10, 2012

Read from August 10 to 29, 2012

This is the second book within this series, with Phoenix Rising as the first. This is a delightful steampunk as was the first book. Those that have complained that some books in this genre not having enough interesting devices won't have to worry about this series. It has some fantastical and unusual machinery without being overly technical. It's just a fun fantasy ride.

Now, can you read this book first? Yes, you can. However, I do suggest that you stick to order with this series as a proper introduction (Books would be proud of me saying that) to the characters occurs in the first. You will get so much more out of the story that way.

And speaking of characters... I really enjoyed that about this book. We not only get to know even more about Eliza, but we get to know the taciturn Welly (Books). He is much more emotional in this book and that is to the stories benefit. We also get to know a lot more about his background and that he also has a bit of a romantic soul after all.

I give this story 4 stars. I enjoyed this second book in the series and I suggest it to anyone who enjoys steampunk, mysteries, detective work and fun characters. I also enjoyed what happened at the end and figured it was bloody well time (sorry, the book affects you... ) ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Janus Affair.