Katrina Burchett's Reviews > Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore

Apr 17, 13

bookshelves: amazon-vine, books-i-own, christian-fiction
Read from April 06 to 16, 2013

Her name is Gabrielle, but people call her Brielle. She left her small hometown to make something out of her life, but now she's back. Something bad happened while she was away and it is constantly on her mind. She meets someone who helps ease her pain. But who is he, really? And how will her life change now that he's in it?

It didn't take long to become engrossed in this story. As I read, I couldn't help but think 'This author loves words, and words love her'. I was so impressed by the writing that I read sentences and paragraphs more than once, savoring the words. I was so tempted to start underlining what I especially enjoyed reading, but I resisted because I like to keep my books in perfect condition.

So, I'm reading slowly, taking it all in and waiting to find out one thing when the story took an unexpected twist, making the remaining chapters even more intriguing than the previous ones.

Although this Young Adult Christian novel is also categorized as Fantasy, its take on spiritual matters is very believable... For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms - Ephesians 6:12

Angel Eyes is one of the best Christian novels I've read. The author skillfully deals with the natural and the supernatural - the seen and the unseen. I highly recommend it!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Eyes.